This Friday, 11 May 2012, WDTB (NWS) and NSSL (OAR) invite you to participate in the 2012 Experimental Warning Program (EWP2012) taking place in the Hazardous Weather Testbed (HWT) in Norman, OK. We will be facilitating a short (22 minute!) webinar providing you assessments by the HWT’s first week’s visiting meteorologists addressing effectiveness of this year’s warning-related research techniques. These research products and techniques cover:
- Prototype satellite applications (GOES-R)
- 3D-VAR and its applications
- OUN WRF (on-station 15-minute-time-resolution model output run every hour)
The goal of these 5 weekly webinars it to provide you insights into the very latest tools and techniques under development and consideration for use in an operational warning environment.
Presenters: This initial week’s webinar presentation will be provided by the following operational meteorologists:
- Andrea Schoettmer – Louisville, KY, WFO (LMK)
- Roland Nunez – Houston, TX, CWSU (ZHU)
- Ryan Barnes – Norman, OK, WFO (OUN)
- Jeffrey Hovis – Charleston, WV, WFO (RLX)
When: May 11, 2012 12:00-1:00 pm CDT/17-18Z
Logistics: To participate in this webinar call WDTB 5-10 minutes prior to the webinar start time of 17Z. Dialing in once the session has begun interrupts the audio.
Use this conference line:
1-877-954-4462 (Pass Code 743889#)
Use this GotoWebinar link: