(NOTE: These links open in new tabs, and many of them take you to pages outside of noaa.gov.)
Links to special VORTEX-SE data sets and observations
- Stesonet This is the fixed-site Texas Tech sticknet deployment in VORTEX-SE. (Straight to map with meteogram links; table)
- UMASS FM-CW Profiling Radar at Belle Mina. Plots of SNR and vertical velocity. Ceilometer data coming soon.
- UAH MIPS (deployable multi-sensor system).
- ARMOR C-band, dual-polarization Doppler radar at fixed site near Huntsville.
Links to experimental NWP products
TTU 4 km WRF-EnKF ensemble (Brian Ancell) (availability may be intermittent):
NCAR WRF Ensemble : 10 member, 3-km CONUS ensemble, 48 hr forecasts, initialized from 00 UTC analysis once daily
Links to useful operational products
Operational NWP collections:
- College of DuPage Numerical Forecast Model Products
- Twisterdata (with point-and-click soundings and dProg/dt)
- Surface pressure scatter
- 500 hPa and surface
- 500 hPa spaghetti at 500, 534, and 576 dm
- Mean 500 hPa heights, wind, vorticity
- Probability of CAPE > 250 J/kg
- Plumes of CAPE and 0-6 km shear vector magnitude (click on HSV dot)